Colgate Palmolive SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Colgate Palmolive: Colgate Palmolive is an American company operating in the category of consumer items and personal-care segments located in New York, USA. The company was founded in 1806 and has been involved with personal health products such as oral care under the brand name Colgate as well as shower and bath products under the brand name Palmolive.
Furthermore, the company also sells pet products and veterinary care through its Hills Pet Nutrition brand. Their line of toothpaste Colgate has been a major player in the market for a long time and is an extremely requested brand name for toothpaste all over the world. Colgate also has extremely high customer loyalties for its Colgate brand. Colgate.
The other brands that are popularly made by Colgate Palmolive include Elmex, Protex, Ajax, Kolynos, Tom’s Maine, Irish Spring, Axion, Mennen, Sorriso, and Softsoap. Though it is headquartered within the US more than 75 percent of the revenues of the company are derived through markets that are outside of the region, with Asia being their main marketplace. Alongside Asia and the USA, it also operates activities across South America, Europe, Africa, and Australia. The company recorded annual revenue of 15.5 billion dollars in 2017.
Colgate Palmolive fun facts: Filipino children broke the Guinness World Record in 2007 for the most number of students brushing their teeth at the same time during the Colgate Super Mega Brushing event, with 41,038 public school elementary students brushing in 13 locations across the country.
- 1 About Colgate Palmolive – SWOT analysis of Colgate Palmolive
- 2 Colgate Palmolive Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Colgate Palmolive – Colgate Palmolive SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Colgate Palmolive – Colgate Palmolive SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Colgate Palmolive – SWOT Analysis Of Colgate Palmolive
- 6 Opportunities of Colgate Palmolive – Colgate Palmolive SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Colgate Palmolive – SWOT analysis of Colgate Palmolive
- 8 Overview Template of Colgate Palmolive SWOT analysis
About Colgate Palmolive – SWOT analysis of Colgate Palmolive
[wp-svg-icons icon=”office” wrap=”I”] Company: Colgate-Palmolive Company
[wp-svg-icons icon=”user” wrap=”I”] CEO: Noel Wallace
[wp-svg-icons icon=”user” wrap=”I”] Founder: William Colgate
[wp-svg-icons icon=”calendar” wrap=”I”] Year founded: 1806, New York, New York, United States
[wp-svg-icons icon=”location-2″ wrap=”I”] Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
[wp-svg-icons icon=”stats” wrap=”I”] Annual Revenue: USD$3.557 Billion
[wp-svg-icons icon=”bars” wrap=”i”] Profit | Net income: USD$2.527 Billion
[wp-svg-icons icon=”users” wrap=”I”] Number of employees: 36,500
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pie” wrap=”i”] Products & Services: Colgate Dental Cream | Colgate Sensitive | Palmolive Charmis | Palmolive Shave Cream | Colgate 360 | Colgate Max Fresh | Palmolive Naturals | Aroma Hand Wash | Halo Shampoo | Colgate Plax | Colgate Zig Zag | Colgate Toothpowder
[wp-svg-icons icon=”globe” wrap=”I”] Website: www.colgatepalmolive.com
Colgate Palmolive Competitors
SWOT analysis of Colgate Palmolive – Colgate Palmolive SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Colgate Palmolive is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Colgate Palmolive evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Colgate Palmolive’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Colgate Palmolive.
Let’s talk about Colgate Palmolive’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Colgate Palmolive – Colgate Palmolive SWOT analysis
- indigenous manufacturing: Quite contrary to the competition, Colgate Palmolive owns its manufacturing facilities and manufactures indigenously all of their products. This means that they can ensure greater efficiency in operational effectiveness. The company has 60 of these manufacturing facilities around the globe.
- Histories: Colgate Palmolive was founded over two centuries ago, and is a company with a rich and long history. It was the first company on research. It is considered to be one of the oldest businesses in existence at the present. Forbes rated the company among the top companies to work with. Additionally, the company has received numerous awards, including the top 50 green Brands. U.S.EPA presents Energy Star Partner of the Year in 2015.
- The success of the brand Colgate: Colgate is a brand that has experienced tremendous growth and has enjoyed a high level of customer satisfaction. Colgate is the first to introduce toothpaste tubes as well as toothbrushes, oral hygiene products, and toothpaste and is among the most known brands in the world. It has become the leading brand in the area of oral health and one of the main advantages is Colgate Palmolive.
- Clean branding: The reason behind the popularity of Colgate is the simple need-based position that the company has taken on. It has already identified different oral health requirements such as bleeding gums, sensitive teeth, or bad breath, and has variations of Colgate to meet these requirements.
- Reviews: Colgate is a company that has a high level of satisfaction from customers and brand loyalty, and therefore, their ads contain testimonials from their customers who purchased they use the toothpaste. The ads increase the trustworthiness of the brand and can positively affect the sales of the product.
Weaknesses of Colgate Palmolive – SWOT Analysis Of Colgate Palmolive
- Poor brands: In comparison to Colgate other brands from Colgate Palmolive like the Palmolive soaps are weak and don’t enjoy the popularity and trust of Colgate. Personal care is a line that under Palmolive struggles to be competitive with the market leaders such as the HUL as well as P & G.
- The brand name: Colgate was always associated with its signature white toothpaste. However, as competitors have been with new products for sensitive or bleeding gums, bad breath, and children’s toothpaste the company has been also offering new product ranges in these categories. This is increasing the risk of diluting the trademark Colgate toothpaste.
- Cost of operation is high: The market is experiencing a rise in the number and quality of players in both personal dental and oral care with new and innovative products introduced frequently. In order to stay at this pace, Colgate Palmolive will need to spend a lot of money on product research, advertising, and promotions, but it might not be able to raise prices.
Opportunities of Colgate Palmolive – Colgate Palmolive SWOT analysis
- Unexplored rural markets: In most of the emerging markets, there are massive rural markets that which personal care products have yet to make an impact. The largest rural markets are located in China in China and India and they offer enormous potential for businesses operating in the oral and personal health care sector.
Threats of Colgate Palmolive – SWOT analysis of Colgate Palmolive
- Competitors: The company faces much competition from companies like Closeup, Dabur, Sensodyne, and Meswak.
- A growing fear of chemicals customers are becoming concerned about the presence of chemical compounds in their consumables, and they are changing their preferences from non-ayurvedic products to organic or ayurvedic products. The trend is one that could threaten Colgate Palmolive in both oral care and personal care.
You May Also Like:
- Diageo SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Diageo
- Rexona SWOT analysis
- Reckitt Benckiser SWOT analysis
- Marico SWOT analysis
- Polo Ralph Lauren SWOT analysis
Overview Template of Colgate Palmolive SWOT analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Colgate Palmolive. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”bubbles” wrap=”i”] Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.