Dabur Amla SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Dabur Amla: Dabur Amla Hair Oil is a product that comes from the hair oil produced by Dabur, an Indian pharmaceutical company Dabur that is rich in natural ingredients like gooseberries the hibiscus, and henna leaves. The hair oil that has many benefits is derived from the traditional Ayurvedic treatments for the prevention of hair loss and the reduction of premature graying.
Dabur was founded in 1869. It was founded by DR S K. Burman, who had the concept of making use of Ayurvedic recipes to address general personal health issues. Dabur Amla Hair Oil was one of the first oils packaged in India and went on to become one of the top brands in the segment, and is still the market-leading brand in the market today.
Presently, Dabur has a presence in several countries around the world, including Nigeria, Egypt, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka, and exports to the United Kingdom and the USA. Dabur reported annual revenue of 77 billion INR during the year 2017.
Dabur Amla fun facts: Dabur Amla Hair Oil nourishes the scalp and strengthens the hair strands, from root to tip, to give you thick, long & shiny tresses.
- 1 About Dabur Amla – SWOT analysis of Dabur Amla
- 2 Dabur Amla Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Dabur Amla – Dabur Amla SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Dabur Amla – Dabur Amla SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Dabur Amla – SWOT Analysis Of Dabur Amla
- 6 Opportunities of Dabur Amla – Dabur Amla SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Dabur Amla – SWOT analysis of Dabur Amla
- 8 Overview Template of Dabur Amla SWOT analysis
- 9 Conclusion
About Dabur Amla – SWOT analysis of Dabur Amla
Company: Dabur Ltd
CEO: Mohit Burman
Founder: Dr. S. K. Burman
Year founded: 1884
Headquarters: Ghaziabad, Uttar
Number of employees: 7,740
Products & Services: Hair Oil Shampoo And Products | Dabur Amla Hair Oil & Photocopy Services
Dabur Amla Competitors
Competitors: Marico’s Shanti Amla | Bajaj Almond Drops | Emami Plus Hair Oil
SWOT analysis of Dabur Amla – Dabur Amla SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Dabur Amla is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Dabur Amla evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Dabur Amla’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Dabur Amla.
Let’s talk about Dabur Amla’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Dabur Amla – Dabur Amla SWOT analysis
- Customer insight: Dabur has always been aware of the habits of hair care customers and the challenges they face with the products that they are currently using. Dabur Amla Hair Oil has been designed with the intention of eliminating issues that have surfaced and thereby improving the strength of hair or reducing the number of falls.
- Use from natural components: Dabur has researched natural ingredients that stimulate faster hair growth, stop premature greying, and promote thicker hair. Dabur then created Dabur Amla hair oil that contains gooseberries as its main ingredient as well as the leaves of henna, Tulasi along with other herbal ingredients that can stimulate hair growth.
- Costing: Dabur Amla’s hair oil has had an aggressive costing strategy. It has sourced its raw materials from suppliers near the manufacturing point and cultivated the majority of organic ingredients in its own herbal gardens, Dabur has proven effective in reducing the price of the raw ingredients.
- Technology-driven chain of the supply chain: One key reason behind the popularity of Dabur is the method in which it has employed technology to improve its supply chains. Dabur has employed techniques like RFID, ERP, and smart scanners at different stages of the supply chain to reduce the waste of goods and ensure the efficient circulation of products as well as services.
- Redesigned placement: Dabur made an attempt in recent times to reposition Dabur Amla Hair Oil through an updated set of ads that feature Priyanka Chopra. The oil, which was previously presented in terms of its benefits for function has changed its positioning to include emotional benefits, with the main benefit being the formation of an emotional bond with the mother-daughter bond once the message is delivered with the oil.
Weaknesses of Dabur Amla – SWOT Analysis Of Dabur Amla
- Insufficient penetration in the international market: The ingredients used in the Dabur Amla Hair Oil which is mostly gooseberry give the oil a sour and textured texture that is not popular with foreign buyers. This is why it is no surprise that the product hasn’t been particularly well-liked in other countries than India.
- Too too much diversification: Dabur which was initially solely focused on natural and ayurvedic products, began to diversify into an ayurvedic-based product, specifically within the food business. This caused the company to drop its focus on Dabur Amla Hair Oil which was among the top-selling products.
- Low visibility in the light oil market: Recent years have witnessed an increase in the need for light oils as they do not make hair sticky or sour. Other competitors have several options within this market, while Dabur Amla Hair Oil is spongier and has a stronger consistency. This can affect the overall sale of Dabur Amla Hair Oil.
Opportunities of Dabur Amla – Dabur Amla SWOT analysis
- New and untapped areas: In the hair treatment industry there are numerous emerging areas that are likely to bring a wealth of opportunities for businesses. They include olive and coconut oils as well as hair serums and gels and creams for strengthening. Additionally, there is a large demand for ayurvedic daily-use shampoos.
Threats of Dabur Amla – SWOT analysis of Dabur Amla
- Inclusion of multi-nationals: such as HUL and P & G which were initially producing chemical-based hair shampoos and oils are now focusing on products that contain Ayurvedic or natural ingredients, and are spotting the demand there. A few of their offerings in this area, like the Ayush line of products, for instance, are stealing a portion of the market that Dabur Amla Hair Oil has. Dabur Amla Hair Oil.
You May Also Like:
- Cartier SWOT analysis
- Disneyland SWOT analysis
- Lays SWOT analysis
- Michael Kors SWOT analysis
- Barcelona Football Club SWOT analysis
Overview Template of Dabur Amla SWOT analysis
Dabur is one of the biggest Indian suppliers of FMCG and ayurvedic/health products. It has a global presence on almost all of the world’s continents. Dabur went through a tie-up in 2017 with Amazon, the largest e-commerce platform. So, the company has got exposure to a marketplace to sell Ayurvedic products online. The company has established a laboratory to examine key food products such as honey to remove the condition of adulteration. Dabur is often responsible for providing consumers with authentic Ayurvedic medicines and FMCG products. Dabur has primarily faced the challenge of rigid competition and because of its brand name and high-quality product, customers believe that Dabur provides 100 percent natural products, it has always overcome the issue. The social factors that influenced the clients’ emotions were targeted by Dabur. The desire to change ahead of others and to always set new standards in corporate governance & creativity is what separates Dabur from others.
This is the SWOT analysis of Dabur Amla. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.