Easy Jet SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Easy Jet: Easy Jet, a British Airline Company, was founded in 1995. It is headquartered in London, United Kingdom. The airline offers scheduled and domestic flights to approximately 1000 destinations in over 30 countries. Easy Jet, which is listed on London Stock Exchange, is the largest shareholder with a 34.62% stake.
About 11,000 people are employed by the airline, most of whom are based in the United Kingdom. Easy Jet has experienced expansion since its inception and has been a part of a number of acquisitions. It operates approximately 300 aircraft, along with EasyJet Europe and EasyJet Switzerland as associate companies. EasyJet was the second-largest budget airline in Europe by passenger service, having served over 65 million passengers across Europe in 2014.
Easy Jet’s business strategy has taken cost-saving measures such as not selling connecting flights and providing complimentary snacks on board. This business strategy focuses on high aircraft utilization, charging extra food, priority board, and holding luggage.
It offers services to almost 136 destinations. Easy Jet’s fleet is entirely Airbus. Easy Jet’s various aircraft include the Airbus A319-100 and A320-200, Airbus A320-200, and Airbus A321neo.
Let’s now discuss the SWOT analysis for Easy Jet.
Easy Jet fun facts: According to easyJet, last year they flew a whopping 80’249’672 passengers, only 4 airlines in Europe flew more!
About Easy Jet – SWOT analysis of Easy Jet
CEO: Johan Lundgren
Founder: Stelios Haji-Ioannou
Year founded: March 1995, London, United Kingdom
Headquarters: Luton, United Kingdom
Annual Revenue: Pound£3,009 million
Profit | Net income: Pound£777 Million
Number of employees: 14,000
Products & Services: Low-cost airline service | Air transport
Easy Jet Competitors
Competitors: Ryanair | Flybe | Vueling Airlines | Wizz Air | Norwegian Air Shuttle | Pegasus Airlines | Spirit Airlines | JetStar | AirAsia Group Berhad | Flyglobespan | Qantas Airlines | SpiceJet | Air Asia
SWOT analysis of Easy Jet – Easy Jet SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Easy Jet is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Easy Jet evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Easy Jet’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Easy Jet.
Let’s talk about Easy Jet’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Easy Jet – Easy Jet SWOT analysis
- Strong Capital Basis: The airline boasts a strong capital base, with a market value of around 4 billion pounds and a net cash position in excess of 213 pounds. Easy Jet’s credit ratings are among the best in the world.
- Technology, Insight: Easy Jet’s customer relations management capabilities and wider digital strategy are influenced by Easy Jet. This helps to drive revenue and customer loyalty. Users will be able to travel more easily and affordably over the long-term thanks to the increasing sophistication of data.
- Acquisition and Expansion: Easy Jet has made significant expansions and acquisitions to expand its business operations.
- Airline Destinations: Easy Jet offers its services to approximately 136 destinations in Europe, making it an appealing choice for frying
- High Brand Remember: The name is short and easy to remember, which is why the brand recall has a high level.
- Aircraft Model: Easy Jet keeps one model of aircraft. This reduces training, supervision, and maintenance costs.
- EasyJet Academy: EasyJet Academy’s formation and ongoing maintenance ensure that there is a steady supply of pilots and cabin crew.
- Brand Value: Easy Jet is number one in the UK, Italy, and Switzerland.
- Low-Cost Model: Easy Jet uses a low-cost model to capture market share over legacy carriers. It has a strong balance sheet because it follows a low-cost model.
Weaknesses of Easy Jet– SWOT Analysis Of Easy Jet
- Sensible to additional taxes: Easy Jet business operations are extremely sensitive to any additional taxes and any charges imposed by the government because of its lower operating margins.
- Criticism: Easy Jet was criticized in Germany because it did not follow the European Union Law regarding compensation for delays, cancellations, or denied boarding. Passengers are entitled to reimbursement within one week if any flight is canceled. It doesn’t also refund tickets promptly.
- Competitive Industry: Easy Jet is constantly under pressure from its rivals. This is a problem for Easy Jet’s business operations as there are more airlines for different destinations.
- Service unavailable at all locations: EasyJet services aren’t available to many destinations. It is limited to Europe and could be a weakness.
Opportunities of Easy Jet – Easy Jet SWOT analysis
- Easy Jet Academy: The Easy Jet Academy is a potential source of additional income for this airline company.
- Easy Jet Holiday Packages: Use Easy Jet hotels and holidays as a way to build brand awareness, and attract customers to your airline.
- Expansion across Europe: Easy Jet has the ability to expand its services to other destinations in Europe, which will increase its brand visibility and help to grow its business revenue.
- Improve Operating Frame: This airline can improve its operational framework and offer better customer service. This will be a huge opportunity for the company.
Threats of Easy Jet – SWOT analysis of Easy Jet
- Modification in Government Policies: Timely changes in government policies or strict aviation regulations can have a significant impact on business revenue.
- Major players of the airline industry: This could pose a serious threat for Easy Jet. This could also impact the airline’s business revenue.
- External market forces: The market’s changing value can pose a serious threat to the company’s ability to generate income.
- Digital Disruption: Any type of disruption to the smooth operation of an airline is a serious concern.
You May Also Like:
- Ritz Carlton SWOT analysis
- Petronas SWOT analysis
- Banana Republic SWOT analysis
- Standard Chartered Bank SWOT analysis
- Dolce & Gabbana SWOT analysis
Overview Template of Easy Jet SWOT analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Easy Jet. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.