Emami SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Emami: Emami, a conglomerate, was founded in 1974. It is based in West Bengal (India). It is known for its fair products. Emami has been a growing company in India since its founding. It is active in various sectors such as FMCG, packaging boards, and newsprint manufacturing.
R.S. and Aggarwal from the Emami group. R.S. Aggarwal and R.S. Goenka. Emami is a trusted brand, and more like a country band. Emami employs approximately 25,000 people and has a turnover group of around Rs. 12,000 crores with a market value of around Rs. 50,000 crores.
Emami is the fastest-growing company in healthcare and personal care. It boasts a large portfolio that includes many household brands such as Navratna and BoroPlus, Zandu Balm and Fair and Handsome, Fast Relief, and Kesh King. There are about 300 products that use Ayurveda formulas.
Emami’s current operations cover 60 countries, which include Europe, GCC and Africa, SAARC countries, and CIS. Nearly every second, Emami products are sold around the globe.
The company employs approximately 25, 000 people and sells its products in over 40 lakhs outlets through 3150 distributors.
Emami fun facts: “In 2005, Emami company launched a fairness cream for men because market studies showed that 30 percent of males were clandestinely buying fairness creams for women.
About Emami – SWOT analysis of Emami
Company: Emami Group
CEO: N H Bhansali
Founder: Radhe Shyam Agarwal | Radhe Shyam Goenka
Year founded: 1974
Headquarters: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Annual Revenue: INR₹20,000 crore
Profit | Net income: INR₹2,551.73 crore
Number of employees: 3,215
Products & Services: Manufacturing & marketing of Personal care & Healthcare products
Competitors: Patanjali | Himalaya Herbals | HealthKart | The Buff Day Spa | Human Nature | Feelunique and emarket
SWOT analysis of Emami – Emami SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Emami is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Emami evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Emami’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Emami.
Let’s talk about Emami’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Emami – Emami SWOT analysis
- Diverse business conglomerate: Emami group is a strong presence with leading positions in diverse industries such as BioDiesel and FMGC, Paper Edible Oil, Writing Instrument, Healthcare, Solar Power, Cement, and Contemporary Art.
- Idealistic and Dynamic Leadership: Emami employs approximately 25,000 people and is led by professional and dynamic leaders who are senior in management.
- Progressive and Evolving Company: Emami’s success lies in its ability to grow strategically. It is known for its innovative products and commitment to customer trust.
- Global Footprints: Emami’s main strength is its global presence. It is open to expanding further. Emami is present in approximately 60 countries. Emami expands its infrastructure to allow its business operations to expand in international markets with a special focus on the Middle East, CIS, and CIS.
- Strong brands in the portfolio: The company has strong brands and a portfolio that is worth around Rs. 100 crores plus brands.
- Local Culture: The company has deep roots in local culture and a strong understanding of the needs of its customers.
Weaknesses of Emami – SWOT Analysis Of Emami
- Limitation to diversification: The company has been involved in a lot of diversification but has not done much compared with its competitors. The company had hoped to get into the baby-care segment, but it was unsuccessful.
- Controversy: In 2007, the company was in controversy over its skin whitening product advertisement. Both the actor and the company were accused of perpetuating racism.
- Technology Limitations: The company sees less scope for investing in technology and a smaller scale economy when it comes down to small-sector sectors.
- Counterfeit Product: Fake goods limit the company’s market growth.
- High Advertising Price: An increase in advertising costs for a company’s products could have an effect on the revenue margin.
- Competitors’ Strong brand: Due to the growth in the strength of the Emami brand, the company’s market share is decreasing in many categories.
Opportunities of Emami – Emami SWOT analysis
- Increasing population: Demographic Trends like an increase in population and buying power have seen a dramatic uptake in the health care industry. This potential growth is huge for the company.
- Product Expand: Diversification in other sectors is a great way to tap into these growing markets. It allows them to expand their business by offering their products in more different sectors.
- Growth in the Retail Sector: The company has seen an enormous opportunity in the retail sector and can now expand its horizons on how to cater to this channel
- Changing Lives: The business has a great chance to succeed if it changes its lifestyle and increases its income.
- Export Potential: The company has been in many countries and expanding its horizon to other countries would provide huge opportunities for the company in terms both of revenue and business.
Threats of Emami – SWOT analysis of Emami
- Increased Competition: Increasing competition from FMCG companies can pose a serious threat to the company’s products and business.
- Many International Brands: The availability of many international brands as well as the increase in bargaining power for big retailers that could be able to negotiate for a good margin are both serious threats to the business.
- Other Competitors: Emami is also up against unbranded, local products that pose a serious threat.
- Raw Material Price: An increase in raw material costs could affect business revenue.
- Tax and Regulatory Structure: The company will be affected by a variety of tax and regulatory structures that the government has passed at different times. This poses a serious threat to the company.
You May Also Like:
- Berkshire Hathaway SWOT Analysis
- Bulgari SWOT analysis
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts SWOT analysis
- Kmart SWOT Analysis
- Malaysia Airlines SWOT analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Emami. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.