Flickr Marketing Mix: Ludicorp created Flickr in 2004, and then in 2005, it was bought by another popular brand, Yahoo. It is a business website that provides web-based services, video hosting, and image hosting.
Marketing Mix Of Flickr
Marketing Mix Of Flickr is brand-based. In Marketing Mix Of Flickr, We will Learn About the four key elements of Marketing Mix: products, place, price, and Promotions. By paying attention to the following four components of the marketing mix, a business can maximize its chances of a product being recognized and bought by customers. We will be discussing Flickr Marketing Mix. Below is the detailed Marketing Mix Of Flickr.
Let’s talk about Flickr Marketing Mix.
Flickr Main Competitors
Flickr official website: www.flickr.com
Product in the Flickr Marketing Mix:
Flickr is a popular website that lets users share and embed personal photos. It’s built-in Java and PHP. Bloggers and photo researchers widely utilize Flickr to host various images embedded in blogs and social media. Flickr is regularly used to meet a variety of social media requirements and provides various services for users-
- Web ImagesWeb Images Images are easily uploaded and saved on Flickr. They’re simple to get for blog posts and websites.
- Photos Storage — Storing a vast array of photographs is possible on this website and free of charge. One must pay a certain fee if one wishes to upgrade one membership.
- Photo Sharing – When you save images on this site, the user decides if they want to share the images with others. Consent from the user is required to allow their use on other blogs and websites.
- Optimizing the performance of Social Media when using images from Flickr for blog posts, including the URL for the”description” field, is recommended. This lets you check out blog posts immediately after someone uses or sees the photos. Images must be tagged in an appropriate method to optimize them effectively.
Place in the Flickr Marketing Mix:
Flickr appears like an online community. It’s accessible in various languages, including Chinese, French, English, German, Italian, Indonesian, Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, and Korean. In 2013 it was announced to The Verge that the portal was home to 87 million members and that the daily upload number was close to 3.5 million.
These numbers have grown each year. To access photos and videos from Flickr, users do not have to sign up for an account, but uploading content to the site is essential. Signing up for an account can be advantageous for the user since it allows them to make an account page customized to their needs.
It could include videos and images uploaded by users, allowing them to include another user on Flickr as a contact. Mobile phones are now an essential feature, and the brand offers official mobile apps for Android, PlayStation Vita, Optimized Mobile Websites, iOS, and Operating Systems.
Price in the Marketing Mix Of Flickr:
Flickr is a renowned site and has adopted the policy of pricing that is without cost, however, with certain limitations. This is because every company needs to earn money to survive. The brand provides a selection of paid subscriptions that eliminate some limitations and offers additional advantages. Pricing policies for Flickr are based on two types of accounts.
Flickr Free- It’s free with various restrictions and features, such as
- Uploading images is possibly more than 200 megabytes
- It can store memory of one Terabyte
- Uploading videos can be done as large as 1 gigabyte
- Original images can be downloaded numerous times
- Advertising is automatically shown when browsing
Flickr Pro: It’s a paid account with an annual subscription that costs 50 dollars and monthly fees of 6 dollars. Its features include:
- Are you able to remove ads while browsing?
- Does Desktop Software for bulk uploading
- Discounts of 20% on certain photo editing software
- Utilize highly-developed photostats that display the number of times a viewer has been viewed.
Promotions in the Flickr Marketing Mix:
Flicker is a social networking site that uses social media. The number of people who follow it makes an account successful and growing. In order to achieve this, one must promote its products to raise awareness of the company. Flickr has a personalized blog that shares relevant details with its users. They also provide relevant assistance for those who need help setting up an account or for first-time use. Each blogger on Flickr is, in turn, an agent for advertising on behalf of the company. In one of its promotion campaigns, Flickr implemented a policy of virality that required users to invite five people and, in exchange, they would get three months of a free subscription.
This is the Marketing Mix Of Flickr. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.