MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of MAC Cosmetics: MAC Cosmetics was first established in 1984 by beauty therapist Frank Toskan and salon proprietor Frank Angelo. The makeup artists of the time were unable to find an alternative to makeup that could withstand the harsh light that comes from photography lighting.
This led to the launch of a brand new name that was a makeup brand called MAC that was specifically catering to models of professional caliber who were on the runway. The company’s makeup business was purchased by cosmetics conglomerate Estee Lauder following which it was made a brand for all kinds of consumers as MAC was launched at around 1500 stores in over 80 countries.
Offers a broad selection of cosmetics that can be used on the eye, face, cheekbones and eyebrows, lips, and more. The brand is known for its extensive range that contains mineral makeup. It was created for women but because it comes in a variety of vivid shades and hues, it was also popular with the younger generations.
MAC Cosmetics fun facts: Most of the makeup Natalie Portman’s character in Black Swan wore was M.A.C.
- 1 About MAC Cosmetics – SWOT analysis of MAC Cosmetics
- 2 MAC Cosmetics Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of MAC Cosmetics – MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of MAC Cosmetics – MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of MAC Cosmetics – SWOT Analysis Of MAC Cosmetics
- 6 Opportunities of MAC Cosmetics – MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of MAC Cosmetics – SWOT analysis of MAC Cosmetics
- 8 Overview Template of MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis
- 9 Conclusion
About MAC Cosmetics – SWOT analysis of MAC Cosmetics
[wp-svg-icons icon=”office” wrap=”I”] Company: Estée Lauder Companies
[wp-svg-icons icon=”user” wrap=”I”] CEO: Fabrizio Freda
[wp-svg-icons icon=”user” wrap=”I”] Founder: Frank Toskan | Frank Angelo
[wp-svg-icons icon=”calendar” wrap=”I”] Year founded: 1984, Toronto, Canada
[wp-svg-icons icon=”location-2″ wrap=”I”] Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
[wp-svg-icons icon=”stats” wrap=”I”] Annual Revenue: USD$6.3 Billion
[wp-svg-icons icon=”bars” wrap=”i”] Profit | Net income: USD$1 Billion
[wp-svg-icons icon=”users” wrap=”I”] Number of employees: 10,836
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pie” wrap=”i”] Products & Services: Lipstick | Pro Longwear Concealer | Studio Face and Body Radiant Sheer Foundation | Strobe Cream | Prep + Prime Lip | Lip Pencil | Eye Brows Big Boost Exclusive Fibre Gel | Mineralize Skinfinish Highlighter | Makeup and beauty products | Makeup services and more.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”globe” wrap=”I”] Website: www.maccosmetics.com
MAC Cosmetics Competitors
[wp-svg-icons icon=”pacman” wrap=”I”] Competitors: Maybelline | Clinique | Revlon | L’Oreal | Lakme | NARS Cosmetics | Urban Decay Cosmetics | SEPHORA | Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics | Too Faced | Kat Von D Beauty | Sugarpill | Stila | tarte | Ulta Beauty | Covergirl | Neutrogena | Covergirl
SWOT analysis of MAC Cosmetics – MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of MAC Cosmetics is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of MAC Cosmetics evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing MAC Cosmetics’ SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of MAC Cosmetics.
Let’s talk about MAC Cosmetics’ SWOT assessment.
Strengths of MAC Cosmetics – MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis
- In association with the fashion industry: The major cosmetics company MAC was originally designed for models who were able to withstand the intense light and reflections from the runway. Their initial set of customers were either stylists, models or professional makeup artists photographers, etc. Introduced the brand to major fashion industry influencers including editors and designers of the most popular fashion magazines.
- Employers: The employees of makeup are chosen with a great deal of attention to the smallest of details. They are mostly makeup professionals or artists with direct or indirect contact and knowledge of this industry. This means they are not only experts in this field, but also potential customers or influencers.
- The broad range of products: MAC Cosmetics offers an extensive range of cosmetics including lipsticks, blush eyeliner, mascara concealers, foundations, and eyeshadows. They also sell mineral-based makeup available in each of these categories. The majority of their makeup comes in lotion and powder form.
- Makeup that can be used for several sections: MAC is true to its tagline ‘All Ages. All races. All sexes, create makeup that caters to many different groups. Although MAC was designed specifically to be a feminine brand, its vivid colors, and vibrant hues helped make the brand attractive to younger consumers. MAC is thorough in its research of all of its products to make sure that they’re appropriate for all skin types and therefore makes the products appropriate to women from all racial categories ethnicities, races, and religions, and even for men.
- Unusual Lipsticks: MAC cosmetics are popular for their lipsticks, which are specifically designed for the company. The distinctive features include the bullet-shaped shape and the texture. Packaging of the entire range of MAC cosmetics in black cases is another trademark for the company.
Weaknesses of MAC Cosmetics – SWOT Analysis Of MAC Cosmetics
- Prices: MAC cosmetics are priced at a premium, and only those who are of a higher income are able to afford makeup. The brand is accessible only to a small number of people and consequently, the brand needs to rely on value sales.
- is suitable for Caucasian-toned skin: Mac Cosmetics was developed based on studies conducted on Caucasians. These cosmetics are more appropriate for skin with white tones and not as suitable for darker skin tones. Cosmetics are not extremely popular in Asia.
- Inability to adjust to changing requirements: MAC Cosmetics has a difficult time trying to adjust to the changing market requirements. The cosmetics market is crowded with a significant variety of companies in it the marketplace is extremely fragmented. The inability to adapt to the changing needs is negatively impacting the standing of MAC.
Opportunities of MAC Cosmetics – MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis
- A shift in the behavior of customers: Among the millennial generation the proportion of women who apply makeup regularly has grown. Because of the popularity of online shopping, consumers are ready to try out different looks and make huge investments in cosmetics that are branded. This presents a huge potential for companies that sell cosmetics.
- Regional orientation: In many of the emerging economies such as India and China China or India, the structure is tied to traditional events, which implies that the orientation to regional is vital. If MAC is able to consider each region, opportunities can be increased for business.
Threats of MAC Cosmetics – SWOT analysis of MAC Cosmetics
- Competitors: The main competitors of MAC are Sephora, Clinique, Maybelline, and L’Oreal.
- Organic make-up A growing number of consumers are concerned about the risks to health that come with the use of makeup products that contain chemicals. This has a negative impact on the sales of cosmetic brands generally.
You May Also Like:
- Bajaj Almond Drops SWOT analysis
- SWOT analysis of Pernod Ricard
- Nissin SWOT analysis
- Nestle Milkmaid SWOT analysis
- Clinic Plus SWOT analysis
Overview Template of MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis
The “LOVE YOUR LIPS” MAC campaign will greatly help in promoting the company’s lipstick sales. In addition to that, it will assist the company in involving customers in their activities and also in the diversification of the MAC image. In comparison to its competitors, the company has numerous strengths and opportunities such as brand recognition that is positive, customer loyalty, appealing packaging, trend-setting, celebrity support, and reasonable pricing among others.
This is the SWOT analysis of MAC Cosmetics. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
[wp-svg-icons icon=”bubbles” wrap=”i”] Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.