Northwest Airlines Marketing Mix: Northwest Airlines Corporation is associated with the industry of airlines and deals in transporting passengers and cargo. It was established in 1926 by its company’s founder, Colonel Lewis Brittin, as Northwest Airways but began operations under Northwest Airlines in 1934. The company ceased operations on the 31 the day of January of the year 2010it ended its operations when it was merged into the subsidiary firm Delta Airlines. It has American origins and is currently the second-largest airline worldwide.
Marketing Mix Of Northwest Airlines
Marketing Mix Of Northwest Airlines is brand-based. In Marketing Mix Of Northwest Airlines, We will Learn About the four key elements of Marketing Mix: products, place, price, and Promotions. By paying attention to the following four components of the marketing mix, a business can maximize its chances of a product being recognized and bought by customers. We will be discussing Northwest Airlines Marketing Mix. Below is the detailed Marketing Mix Of Northwest Airlines.
Let’s talk about Northwest Airlines Marketing Mix.
Northwest Airlines Main Competitors
- American Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Continental Holdings
Northwest Airlines’ official website: nwal.ca
Product in the Northwest Airlines Marketing Mix:
Northwest Airlines operated one of the biggest networks in the United States in terms of domestic routes. It was founded in 2001, carrying passengers first on domestic routes and later on to an international circuit. In 2006, it became the biggest cargo transporter in the United States.
Northwest Airlines had a fleet of 320 aircraft in the year of its merging with its parent business Delta Air Lines. It was a mixed fleet comprising Airbus airplanes and McDonnell Douglas, and Boeing. Its offerings include
- Domestic First Class was available on domestic flights and Boeing 757-200, 757-30, Airbus A320, A319, and other aircraft. Passengers enjoyed alcoholic beverages as well as refreshments and free meals. Seats offered a pitch between 34 and 37 inches. The width ranged from 19.5 to 21.5 inches.
- World Business Class – Seats were 60 inches and a recline of 176 degrees on aircraft such as Boeing 747-400 and Airbus A330. Seats were reclined at 180 degrees and similar pitch in aircraft like Boeing 757-200 and transatlantic aircraft. Passengers were provided with food and beverages, along with alcohol-based beverages. Seats were outfitted with a work table, cocktail table reading light, power ports, and the AVOD.
- Domestic Economy Class passengers were provided with snacks and sandwiches. Additional meals and snack boxes were bought at a cost.
- International Economy ClassInternational Economy Class – International flights offer seats between 17 and 17.5 inches. The pitch ranges from 31,34 inches. Passengers were provided with drinks, snacks, and meals. For international travel, beer and wine were free, along with meals and other beverages that were alcoholic could be easily bought.
Place in the Northwest Airlines Marketing Mix:
Northwest Airlines was an American airline that initially had its headquarters in Detroit, Michigan, and later in Eagan, Minnesota. It was a leading carrier in the Trans-Pacific region and established its hub in Tokyo, Japan, initially located at Haneda, then later at Narita International Airport. In 1986, Northwest Airlines acquired Republic Airlines and established two hubs at Memphis International Airport and Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport.
Since 1993, the airline has operated its hub from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. Northwest Airlines offers a flight to 254 destinations, including a variety of destinations across the US as part of its domestic route, as well as Asia, Europe, the Caribbean, Canada, and Mexico in terms of its international presence. It operates a wide network of distribution channels comprising services from travel agents and tour operators, businesses affiliated with airlines, and its website that allows online reservations.
Price in the Marketing Mix Of Northwest Airlines:
Northwest Airlines has adopted a value-based pricing policy and kept its ticket prices in line with its services. For First-Class customers, the airline has implemented a premium pricing policy, and Business-Class, mid-price, and Economy Class passengers have adopted a reasonable price approach. It has adopted a promotional pricing policy that offers its loyal customers incentives through discounts and special offers. For those who require additional services, there is an option to add a product pricing policy, such as extra charges for baggage that is not included or a specific food item.
Promotions in the Northwest Airlines Marketing Mix:
Northwest Airlines was one of the most recognizable airline companies around the globe. It was always aware of its responsibility to humanity and the environment. It has banned smoking on its planes from 23 April 1988. April in 1988, United States. The frequent flyer program of Northwest Airlines offers incentives to their loyal customers, such as discounted tickets, free flights in airport lounges, and upgrades from first class. Members can also earn miles from partners associated with Northwest Airlines, like hotels, car rental companies credit cards, and other related vendors. The associated member lounges, WorldClubs, provide free WiFi access and alcohol-based drinks.
This is the Marketing Mix Of Northwest Airlines. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.