Qatar Airways SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Qatar Airways: Qatar Airways which is seen as one of the aviation industry’s most popular brands in the history of aviation is the national airline for the nation. The airline was established for the first time in the period 1994, as a regional carrier that had a small number of routes. It was reinstated as the flag carrier of the country in 1997 under the reign of King Saudi Arabia, following which it began to operate international flights to various destinations around the world.
The airline operated in a hub and spoke structure, in which they connect to over 150 destinations around the globe. The areas that are connected to the airline are Europe, Middle East, Africa, Far East, Central Asia, North America, Oceania, South America as well as South Asia. The airline operates a fleet that is 214 in size and employs about 4000 individuals including 24,000 direct employees from the airlines. The airline is an affiliate of the Oneworld Alliance and operates from Qatar Airport as its hub.
Qatar Airways fun facts: Qatar Airlines was ranked the world’s second best airline by the Skytrax World Airline Awards. But that is not the only time Qatar award has ranked top. It was the best airline in 2017, only to be taken over by the 2017 runner up Singapore Airlines in 2018.
- 1 About Qatar Airways – SWOT analysis of Qatar Airways
- 2 Qatar Airways Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Qatar Airways – Qatar Airways SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Qatar Airways – Qatar Airways SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Qatar Airways – SWOT Analysis Of Qatar Airways
- 6 Opportunities of Qatar Airways – Qatar Airways SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Qatar Airways – SWOT analysis of Qatar Airways
- 8 Overview Template of Qatar Airways SWOT analysis
About Qatar Airways – SWOT analysis of Qatar Airways
Company: The Qatari government
CEO: Akbar Al Baker
Founder: Akbar Al Baker
Year founded: 22 November 1993, Doha, Qatar
Headquarters: Doha, Qatar
Annual Revenue: Qatar Riyals 51billion
Profit | Net income: Qatar Riyals 8.4billion
Number of employees: 46,000
Products & Services: Qatar Duty-Free | Al Maha Services | Qatar Airways Cargo | Qatar Aviation Services | Internal Media Services
Qatar Airways Competitors
SWOT analysis of Qatar Airways – Qatar Airways SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Qatar Airways is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Qatar Airways evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Qatar Airways’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Qatar Airways.
Let’s talk about Qatar Airways’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Qatar Airways – Qatar Airways SWOT analysis
- Clear Goal Segment: The targeted segment that is targeted by Qatar Airways has always been those who are able to travel in the luxury category and are able to spend the money to purchase this product. Alongside having a distinct market segment The airline also enjoys an extremely high degree in terms of brand loyalty as it is the only airline that is officially recognized by the nation.
- The strong support of the management: The airline has been supported by the government and is a leader with a strong position. The strategies that the leaders devised as well as the perspective they had set were crucial factors that contributed to the fast and rapid growth that the company has experienced. Actually, the approach of the leaders toward forwarding and a positive outlook was what helped the airline to beat the old airline companies.
- The ability to recognize trends: Qatar Airways has not only been quick to identify developments in market trends but also to recognize them in the industry but also respond swiftly to them. They have always been compared to major airline brands around the globe, and they have always followed the benchmarks set by top airlines across a variety of service areas.
- Service in-flight: In-flight Services: Qatar Airlines has been in pursuit of an elite class of customers and is renowned for its flawless in-flight as well as off-board services. From check-in, the airline is able to take every step from online check-in, minimum waiting times, security of baggage, onboard entertainment, custom-made menus, comfortable lounge seating, and more. The airline has taken great care to make sure that customers are satisfied throughout the journey.
- The true word for luxury: Qatar Airways is famous for its premium travel in the luxury class. First- and business-class passengers enjoy fresh flowers, comfortable seating, international food, premium wines, and chandeliers. They strive to recreate an experience of five stars with their business class travel which makes them extremely happy with their journey.
- Cultural Consciousness: Qatar Airways displays an impressive level of cross-cultural awareness. A lot of their flights unlike other airlines, incorporate regional cuisines on their menu. They also make sure that they have a varied staff on the flight to ensure that passengers feel comfortable throughout the service.
Weaknesses of Qatar Airways – SWOT Analysis Of Qatar Airways
- Cost Control: Qatar Airlines focuses mostly on business class, with an enormous amount of money spent keeping the standard of service and the facilities. Furthermore, it is also a matter of fluctuation in the prices of fuel and wage disputes due to unionization. Cost management is a must.
- The competition from low-cost airlines: There is a surge in the number of low-cost airlines. To fuel this trend, the global economic downturn has resulted in a number of companies cutting their travel budgets and as a result of which people have begun to prefer budget travel. This has created stiff competition for luxury airlines with low-cost airlines.
- Changes in the political landscape: Qatar is right in the middle of major conflict regions around the globe including Syria, Palestine, etc which makes it difficult for people to operate the duties of an airline. Furthermore, global issues like Brexit and the financial crisis as well as changes within the US dollar, and so on are making it necessary to make changes to the airline.
Opportunities of Qatar Airways – Qatar Airways SWOT analysis
- The increase in the use of airline services: With the growing need for travel time, people have begun to use more air travel over road or rail. The increasing connections of Qatar airlines with various regions of the world have made it a popular option for globetrotters.
Threats of Qatar Airways – SWOT analysis of Qatar Airways
- Competition: The major competitor of Qatar Airlines is Emirates and Etihad Airlines.
You May Also Like:
- T.G.I. Fridays SWOT analysis
- Macy’s SWOT analysis
- Under Armour SWOT Analysis
- Bajaj Allianz SWOT Analysis
- Hollister SWOT Analysis
Overview Template of Qatar Airways SWOT analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Qatar Airways. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.