Neutrogena SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Neutrogena: Neutrogena is a label for skin care cosmetics and cosmetics that are owned through Johnson & Johnson. The range of products that are designed to address the skin issues of older adults includes products that treat skin problems as well as eye and facial cosmetics, sunscreen lotions, products for hair care, and anti-aging treatments.
This product that was initially marketed exclusively to the US segment is currently sold in over 70 countries. Alongside the brand Neutrogena within the category of premium the area of skincare, Johnson & Johnson also has the Clear & Clear within the economic segment.
Neutrogena fun facts: Neutrogena recently introduced the Wave Duo Power Cleanser, a dual-speed battery-operated facial cleanser.
About Neutrogena – SWOT analysis of Neutrogena
Company: Johnson & Johnson
CEO: Jim Colleran
Founder: Johnson & Johnson
Year founded: 1930
Headquarters: Los Angeles, California, United States
Annual Revenue: USD$3.7 Billion
Profit | Net income: USD$322 Million
Number of employees: 352
Products & Services: Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser | iNeutrogena Body Oil | Neutrogena Lip SPF 15 Moisturizer | Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser For Normal To Oily Skin
Competitors: CoverGirl | L’Oréal USA | Bluemercury | ChapStick | Blistex | Carma Labs Inc | Aveda Corporation | Aveeno | Maybelline | CLINIQUE | Mamaearth
SWOT analysis of Neutrogena – Neutrogena SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Neutrogena is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Neutrogena evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Neutrogena’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Neutrogena.
Let’s talk about Neutrogena’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Neutrogena – Neutrogena SWOT analysis
- Connection With Johnson & Johnson: Johnson and Johnson have become an established brand with their line of high-quality baby products. The company is a must to offer women at all stages of life. They have Johnsons Baby Products for babies and toddlers, Clean & Clear for teens and preteens, and Neutrogena for women. This is why they are able to be found in the women’s minds of their customers, and even children are acquainted with the brand from an early age.
- Complete Product range: Neutrogena has an extensive product line that covers all categories of skin care, beauty hair care, and cosmetics. The products that are focused on the skin issues of mature adults who are Neutrogena comprises products like skincare creams as well as eye and facial cosmetics, sunscreen lotions, products for hair care, and anti-aging products.
- Advertising Strategies: Neutrogena has always employed storytelling to communicate powerful messaging to the intended customers. It also tackles issues that are relevant to women, such as anorexia depression, bulimia, and anxiety ease in the ads.
- Strong positioning: Neutrogena uses either benefit or need-based positioning across all its products. To establish the relationship between the necessity and the benefits, extensive customer surveys are conducted. This ensures that the client can understand the positioning clearly.
- The Product innovation: Neutrogena has been an extremely innovative brand that treats the skincare and beauty issues of modern women with creative products. The latest products include the Acne Treatment Light Therapy Mask as well as Hydro Boost Water Gel. Hydro Hydroxy Boost water Gel.
- Famous Connection: Just like most other cosmetics brands, Neutrogena also ties its products with fashion models and stars. Some of the celebs who have been a part of their endorsements are Emma Watson, Jennifer Garner, Mischa Barton, and Olivia Holt among others.
Weaknesses of Neutrogena – SWOT Analysis Of Neutrogena
- Pricing: Neutrogena is a product that is targeted toward those who are in the market for a premium. In places such as India where there are a lot of products that fall in the middle as well as budget cosmetics, people may not be enticed to buy high-end cosmetic brands, even though they have the funds for it. This impacts the selling of Neutrogena.
- Insensitivity to culture: Though Johnson & Johnson claims to be thinking globally and acting locally the concept seems to be only working for the lower-end brands. The brands like Neutrogena tend to be largely Western in their style and cater to predominantly Western skin kinds.
- Balancing demand and supply: There is a lot of competition for hair and skin products for hair care and new requirements as well as brand new products that meet these needs, are emerging. A majority of these products are costly and don’t sell in large volumes. Thus Neutrogena faces a lot of issues in balancing the demand and supply.
- low awareness: Neutrogena offers an entire range of products that cater to particular skin issues. The customers are either unaware of the issue that requires a specific product available or don’t know where to locate the product. Even the salespeople in retail stores aren’t properly trained. This is why some of the most specialized items are not being sold in large quantities. Some products don’t even sell because the customers aren’t even aware that they exist.
Opportunities of Neutrogena – Neutrogena SWOT analysis
- Marketing Potential: the potential for cosmetics in emerging markets such as India as well as China can be enormous and that is where the next phase of growth could occur. For instance that in India the market for cosmetics is estimated to be 15 billion dollars and is projected to grow at the rate of between 22 and 25 percent over the coming five to six years. Neutrogena is not a well-known brand in India and therefore they have to be able to boost their exposure in India.
Threats of Neutrogena – SWOT analysis of Neutrogena
- Competitors: The main competitor of Neutrogena is Estee Lauder, Olay as well as Sephora.
This is the SWOT analysis of Neutrogena. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.