SWOT Analysis Oreo – Oreo SWOT Analysis: Oreo is a popular biscuit manufacturer. They are part of Nabisco, the National Biscuit Company (Nabisco). At one time, the “oreo” cookie was changed into “oreo sandwich” and changed to “oreo cream sandwich, and eventually “oreo chocolate sandwich”. Oreo begin its first moves in India 10 years ago. Over time the brand has gained popularity. Oreo marketing is distinctive. Its tagline is well-known, and anyone will recall Oreo because of its tagline.
This is the slogan “Twist Karo Lick Karo Dunk Karo’. In the advertisement, the cookie is dipped in making it into milk and which makes it appear as the perfect nutritious snack.
There are numerous stores in India that sell this kind of cake. It is the most sought-after biscuit sold in India which has an estimated market share of 8.5 percent.
The table below summarizes how Cadbury’s Oreo SWOT (Strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats), as well as the top well-known Cadbury’s Oreo rivals as well as the market it intends to segment as well as its positioning and Unique Selling The following article, outlines the Unique Selling.
Oreo fun facts: Oreo bakeries make more than 123,000 tons of creme to fill their perfect cookies. Each original Oreo cookie is 29 percent creme and 71 percent cookie.
- 1 About Oreo – SWOT analysis of Oreo
- 2 Oreo Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Oreo – Oreo SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Oreo – Oreo SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Oreo – SWOT Analysis Of Oreo
- 6 Opportunities of Oreo – Oreo SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Oreo – SWOT analysis of Oreo
- 8 Overview Template of Oreo SWOT analysis
About Oreo – SWOT analysis of Oreo
Company: Mondelēz International
CEO: Dirk Van de Put
Year founded: March 6, 1912
Headquarters: Mississauga, Ontario
Annual Revenue: US$7.18 billion
Profit | Net income: US$515 million
Number of employees: 90,000
Products & Services: Sandwich cookie
Competitors: Britannia Bourbon | ITC Sunfeast Sandwich Biscuits | Parle Hide n Seek | Sunshine Biscuits | Nestle | Mars | Hershey’s | ITC | Parle | Dark Fantasy
SWOT analysis of Oreo – Oreo SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Oreo is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Oreo evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Oreo’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Oreo.
Let’s talk about Oreo’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Oreo – Oreo SWOT analysis
Strengths are the areas in which each business excels in its operations, which can give it an advantage over its competitors. These highlights Cadbury’s Oreo :
- High Equity within the company: Like many other Cadbury brands, Oreo is also backed by a high brand remember and has equity. This leads to a significant number of customers choosing Oreo over other cookie brands.
- Strong link with chocolate: Word Cadbury’s is a brand that has been associated for a long time with chocolate. Therefore, anything related to Cadbury’s is as well associated with chocolate. This is the reason Oreo has become a well-known and loved brand of chocolate-based biscuits.
- Broad distribution: In the majority of areas in which Cadbury’s Oreo is sold on the market, the brand is able to enjoy wide circulation channels that extend to villages and remote areas and ensures that the brand can be able to be accessed by a wide audience.
- Market in the world: Cadbury’s is sold in almost every country around the world and uses the same distribution network to sell confectionery all over the world. The company has more than 2100 distributors as well as a total of 4,50,000 retail stores within its network, which allows the brand to extend its reach all over the world. The company is present in more than 95 nations around the world.
- Communication that is strong: Cadbury’s Oreo has been trying to reach out to people across the world through slices of life ads that showcase the taste as well as the emotional bond to biscuits. The brand emphasizes friendship and family in its advertisements and does not rely upon endorsements.
Weaknesses of Oreo – SWOT Analysis Of Oreo
The word “weakness” is utilized to identify areas where the brand or company needs enhancement. The most important flaws in Oreo cookies are:
- Cost: The cost of raw ingredients One of the most important ingredients to make Oreo Cookies is cacao. Additionally, Cadbury’s products contain premium cacao, which is costly. The cost of the raw ingredient is rising, however, Cadbury is unable to increase the cost of the product by an amount proportional to the price.
- Criticisms: Cadbury’s had to stop selling some of their items in the American market because of Salmonella-related poisoning. Alongside that, there are problems with the usage of chemicals in Oreo biscuits. This has negatively affected the share of the market, as well as sales of Oreo biscuits.
- Competition: Competition from outside Cadbury also offers products, like Bournvita chocolates, and biscuits which comprise large portions of their market share Oreo biscuits. They are a small volume and lower margins, which affect the profits.
- There is a large amount of attention is paid to chocolaty items: Cadburys has always been associated with chocolate, and their largest sales come made from chocolate. This means they cannot be aware of other items of confectionery. Oreo cookies are only the most popular.
- Issues that arise from differentiation: There is a variety of brands of biscuits available on the market and many don’t have a distinct distinction. This can make consumers confused and can negatively impact the sales of every brand.
- Cost of advertisement: The cost of advertising Cadburys is extremely expensive, and it is not reflected in the price of the goods. But, because the company relies on impulse purchases which is why it’s not able to lower the cost associated with advertising.
Opportunities of Oreo – Oreo SWOT analysis
Opportunities refer to opportunities that exist in the surrounding environment that surrounds the business that could allow it to profit to boost its earnings. Opportunities include:
- The increasing demands for biscuits: in the confectionery industry the highest rate of growth is anticipated in the field of biscuits. Chocolates are popular and their market is expanding and is expected to influence sales of companies in a positive way.
- Possibility of rapid development in emerging nations: The countries like China and India are experiencing the return of the trends that used to be prevalent throughout the West. Emerging economies are making biscuits an integral part of their snacks which could lead to an increase in the demand to buy Oreos.
Threats of Oreo – SWOT analysis of Oreo
The risks are factors in the world that can hinder the growth of the business. A few of them include:
- Competition: The main contest in the market for Oreo is Good Day, Parle G, Dark Fantasy, and organizations like Mars, Hershey’s, ITC, Parle, Brittania, Nestle, and many more all competitors to Cadbury’s.
You May Also Like:
- SWOT analysis of Versace
- SWOT analysis of Wells Fargo
- SWOT analysis of Accor Hotels
- Johnson & Johnson SWOT analysis
- SWOT analysis of Hair & Care
Overview Template of Oreo SWOT analysis
Oreo is one of the top chocolate cookie producers across India. Its products along with its services and flavor will satisfy customers for quite a while.
Analyzing the weaknesses of the company, we can conclude that companies must modify their products to be more varied and offer something unique to their clients. This way they will be capable of coping with the changing market.
One thing you should keep in mind is Oreo utilizes one of the most effective strategies for digital marketing in order to sell the products it sells.
Particularly digital marketing is a must in today’s rapidly growing and expanding world, to get better results and remain at the forefront of the game.
If you’re not sure about what digital advertising actually is or you’d like to know more about it and increase your abilities, take a look at IIDE’s three-month Advanced Online Digital Marketing Course to learn more.
The hope is that the blog entry on the SWOT analysis of Oreo will provide you with a better understanding of Oreo’s advantages and weaknesses, as well as potential weaknesses, threats, and dangers.
Also, you can review our analysis of the whole marketing strategy and strategy used by Oreo to find out more.
If you’re looking for a deep analysis of your company as in Oreo’s SWOT analysis conducted by Oreo go to the knowledge portal on IIDE to see more interesting examples.
We are grateful to you for spending the time reading this and don’t forget to leave your feedback on the case study SWOT analysis from Oreo within the comments section below.
This is the SWOT analysis of Oreo. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.