Tresemme SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Tresemme: Tresemme is a top-line for hair-care products offered by the Godefroy Manufacturing Company headquartered in Missouri, St Louis, USA. The brand, which is advertised as a salon-based hair styling product has in its range of products such as shampoo conditioners, conditioners and hair mousse, hair gel hairspray, and various other products for hair styling.
Tresemme has conducted research into the hair-care demands of its customers and has come up with solutions for issues such as frizziness, dryness, itchy scalp and dandruff, hair loss, and many more. Although the shampoo was initially introduced in 1947, more than 70 years ago, up to the beginning of the eighties, until the early eighties, the shampoo was only sold in salons. The brand was purchased 2010 in the year 2010 by Unilever and is now a part of the vast portfolio of products of Unilever and is sold in more than 13 countries around the globe. Tresemme is a brand named in honor of the famous hairdresser Edna Emme and is meant for those who want to keep their hair salon-style frequently.
Tresemme fun facts: TRESemme contains a preservative called DMDM hydantoin, which creates toxic formaldehyde when it comes into contact with water. This chemical is believed to be responsible for hair loss and dryness, itching, and redness of the scalp in people who use TRESemme regularly.
About Tresemme – SWOT analysis of Tresemme
CEO: Edna L. Emmé
Founder: Edna L. Emmé
Year founded: 1947
Headquarters: Manhattan, New York
Number of employees: 272
Products & Services: Professional-quality hair products, hair care tips, how-to guides and videos, fashion news, street style, and more from TRESemmé®.
Competitors: Dove | Pantene | Head & Shoulders | Clinic Plus | Pantene | John Frieda | Sunsilk
SWOT analysis of Tresemme – Tresemme SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Tresemme is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Tresemme evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Tresemme’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Tresemme.
Let’s talk about Tresemme’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Tresemme – Tresemme SWOT analysis
- Clear position: Tresemme was once an item that was sold exclusively in salons, and is now a widely-marketed product just recently. Thus even now, the company’s hair care line is advertised as one that provides salon-styled hair to clients in the convenience of their homes. With the increasing number of women working, most women prefer to have their hair styled hair on a regular every day, which makes this the ideal location for the item.
- Specific on customer benefit: Tresemme has very particular products that cater to particular hair care requirements. They focus on issues that commonly confront clients in the field of hair and created specific products to meet different hair problems like dandruff frizziness, hair that is thin dryness, loss of shine, and hair that is colored. In actual fact, Tresemme has a whole assortment of products that can be used specifically for hair color.
- Affordable prices: Unilever took over the brand Tresemme mostly because they wanted to market salon-like products at price points that would be affordable to the majority of consumers. Much like other products from salons that are available only at beauty shops, Tresemme has two strengths the first being that it can be bought from any retailer, and the other is that it is priced to be affordable for everyone.
- Testimonial ads: The brand ambassadors for Tresemme are hair experts as well as salon experts who stand for the high quality of the products as well as the application of the products to style hair. Their reviews not only help in gaining trust from customers but also assist in educating the consumers on the use of these products.
Weaknesses of Tresemme – SWOT Analysis Of Tresemme
- Not much famous as other brands: The product is not widely used in market segments that are semi-urban or rural Comparatively to other products like Pantene or even brand names that are internal to the company such as Dove and Sunsilk Tresemme’s penetration Tresemme’s rural market in Asia is rather minimal. Although the product is designed specifically for urban women, however, the majority of emerging economies of Asia have their largest markets in rural areas.
- A lack of awareness: For the regular consumer, even in a setting like a city hair care is a process that begins with conditioner and shampoo. Therefore, for these customers, the degree of awareness about other products for styling like an afro-hair mousse, or hair gel is a bit low.
- Insufficient presence in the other domains of personal care: Most brands in hair care that are popular have a presence across multiple categories of products like beauty, skin care cosmetics, and skin care. A lot of these brands run the salons of their own chains. However, Tresemme does not have any of these.
Opportunities of Tresemme – Tresemme SWOT analysis
- Untapped and new segment: In the skin and health segment, there are many areas that are in the pipeline such as body washes soaps, shower gels, cosmetics, and face wash lotions. These are segments that Tresemme is able to easily enter.
- Men’s grooming: The brand should consider a foray into the hair care for men market that is currently unexplored. Today due to the increasing popularity of the urban male, the need for products for skin and hair care is increasing. Tresemme already has a well-established presence
Threats of Tresemme – SWOT analysis of Tresemme
- Contest: The main competition for Tresemme is from brands such as Dove, Pantene, Head & Shoulders, and Clinic Plus.
- Need for natural products for shampoo: Hair care needs shampoos that could be utilized on a frequent basis. That means they must have no harmful chemicals. This decreases the need for shampoos with chemical ingredients like Tresemme.
You May Also Like:
- Vicco Turmeric SWOT analysis
- Air Asia SWOT analysis
- Cathay Pacific SWOT analysis
- Colgate Palmolive SWOT analysis
- Head & Shoulders SWOT analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Tresemme. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.