Kellogg’s Corn Flakes SWOT analysis: Kellogg’s Corn Flakes is a popular brand of breakfast cereal that is made up of roasted corn flakes. With a commitment to providing high-quality and nutritious food for everyone, Kellogg’s strives to create a world that is healthier. The first company to offer cereals, Kelloggs was operational in 1898 and has been linked to the development of breakfast around the globe.
An easy and fast breakfast, Kellogg’s Corn flakes come in a variety of flavors such as Honey Loops, Chocos, Oats, Muesli, Oats, Bran and Special K. These variations that allow corn flakes to be enjoyed by individuals of all ages have been a popular inclusion in nutritious and healthy breakfasts. Cornflakes are typically consumed along with sugar and milk however, to improve the taste some people have it with nuts and fruit.
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes fun facts: Kellogg’s has been to the moon! Yep the Apollo 11 astronauts brought a Kellogg cereal to the moon, as part of their breakfasts during the mission.
About Kellogg’s Corn Flakes – SWOT analysis of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes
Company: The Kellogg Company
CEO: Steve Cahillane
Founder: Will Keith Kellogg
Year founded: 19 February 1906, Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
Headquarters: Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
Annual Revenue: USD$15.5 billion
Profit | Net income: USD$1.76 billion
Number of employees: 34,000
Products & Services: Oats Veggie Nutri Cutlets | Corn Flakes Chana Chaat | Oats Peppy Papaya Drink | Corn Flakes Fruity Yogurt Cup | Oats | Chanadal Payasam | Corn Flakes Oriental Corn Stir-fry | Oats Veggie Nutri Cutlets | Corn Flakes Chana Chaat
Kellogg’s Corn Flakes Competitors
Competitors: General Mills | Mondelez International | Kraft Heinz | J M Smucker | Ingredion | Quaker Oats Company | Nestle | Conagra Foods | Frito-Lay | Cadbury | Quaker Oats | PepsiCo | Danone | Seneca Foods | Tyson Foods | Campbell Soup | Dr. Pepper Snapple
SWOT analysis of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes – Kellogg’s Corn Flakes SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Kellogg’s Corn Flakes SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes.
Let’s talk about Kellogg’s Corn Flakes SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes – Kellogg’s Corn Flakes SWOT analysis
- The advantage of first moving: Kelloggs is the very first company to present the idea of cornflakes. The first person to realize that roasted cornflakes when mixed with sugar and milk could be a nutritious meal was Kelloggs and ever since there’s been no stopping.
- Multi Variants: Kelloggs have conducted research into the breakfast habits of its customers as well as what they include in their cornflakes bowls to increase the taste of it and that has led to their coming up with variations such as Honey Loops or Chocos. They also discovered various breakfast options that are popular and also introduced Kellogg’s Oats as well as All-Brand.
- The leading market for the UK: Kellogg’s is the market leader in UK breakfast cereals, with the sale of about 100 million packs per year. In the UK the brand had annual revenue of around PS110 million and is valued at PS110 million within UK with an 11% from the marketplace. The brand is available in more than 100 different countries around the globe. It is also among the top ten international brands with an international sales share of 37 percent in the category of breakfast foods.
- Campaigns for marketing: The marketing campaign of Kellogg’s has always been a hit with people through precise messaging used by proper branding ambassadors and the slices of daily advertising when it’s appropriate. The company recently shifted its focus from traditional TV advertising to other relevant mediums like newspapers and radio, to ensure they maximize their impact during the appropriate time of day.
- Its Brand values: The brand Kelloggs represents a range of different values, such as flavor and balanced nutrition. Additionally, it is advertised as a high-carb and low-fat breakfast that is advertised as the perfect breakfast choice for people who are health-conscious customers. The other varieties like oatmeal and all-bran are rich in fiber and are the ideal ingredient to make a healthy breakfast.
Weaknesses of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes – SWOT Analysis Of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes
- Initial error in India and China: When Kelloggs ventured to India in the very first instance it was not well-liked, mainly because corn flakes are not traditionally included in the traditional Indian breakfast. The company needed to make significant investments in promotion and in the education of its customers to gain trust among consumers.
- Insensitivity to the culture: Kelloggs in spite of being in more than 100 countries around the globe has maintained the same product the same, and have not realized that it might not be accepted by people who consume it as a part of their morning meal. The sensitivity to diverse cultures isn’t high for Kelloggs, which is the reason for the low acceptance of their product across many different cultures.
- The low market for breakfast cereals: In the market for packaged food, is estimated at about Rs 33,234 crore. The organized market is estimated to be about 250 crores INR. The remainder is not organized and companies like Kelloggs have been largely unsuccessful in trying to capture these markets.
Opportunities of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes – Kellogg’s Corn Flakes SWOT analysis
- Changes in preferences: in growing markets such as India, the shift in preference from traditional breakfasts such as dumplings, idlis, and parathas or dosas to Western breakfasts such as cornflakes, butter, and bread are gaining more popularity. This is likely to increase the market share of Kelloggs ‘ Cornflakes.
- Markets that are niche: There are numerous emerging and new requirements from customers like the desire to reduce weight and a simple snack for children as well as tastes that appeal to children, fruit and other healthy options for breakfast, etc. Each of these could be a brand new product within the category of breakfast cereals.
Threats of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes – SWOT analysis of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes
- Competitors: Some of the major Cornflakes’ rivals include Bags, Quaker, Quality, and Soulful.
You May Also Like:
- SWOT analysis of Pampers
- Pears Soap SWOT analysis
- Oriflame SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Oriflame
- Nirma SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Nirma
- SWOT analysis of Neutrogena
Overview Template of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes SWOT analysis
To get through and succeed, Kellogg’s must adapt from a “Day Two” company to a “Day One” company, willing to accept and implement new trends. The fact that Kellogg’s is a company with a great focus on cereal and snacks doesn’t mean that Kellogg’s must only be a cereal and snack company in the future. Cereal created Kellogg’s. But unless the company can think much bigger than the breakfast path, cereal will ultimately eliminate Kellogg’s.
This is the SWOT analysis of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.