Fogg SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Fogg: Fogg’s Perfumes are a line of perfumes offered via Vini Cosmetics, a company is wholly-owned company of Paras Pharmaceuticals which also owns popular brands such as Moov, Krack Cream, and Dermicool. Paras Pharmaceuticals was taken over by Reckitt & Benzer recently and is currently Fogg is distributed by them and is listed in their products range.
The creator of Vini Cosmetics, Darshan Patel recognized the massive demand for deodorants in the Indian market and that this was the area in which there was a significant development within the FMCG segment. The unique selling point of Fogg was the fact that it didn’t contain gas, and therefore as compared to other brands the amount of waste would be low. Prior to the introduction of Fogg Deodorants were considered to be something that was designed to be attractive to customers who were of a different gender. Yet, Fogg captured the attention of customers through an entirely distinct approach.
Fogg fun facts: Fogg remains the leader with a value market share of 20 per cent and volume market share of 22 per cent, according to its promoter Darshan Patel.
About Fogg – SWOT analysis of Fogg
Company: Vini Cosmetics Pvt. Ltd
CEO: Darshan Patel
Founder: Darshan Patel | Dipam Patel
Year founded: 2011
Annual Revenue: INR930 crore
Profit | Net income: INR112 crore
Number of employees: 2700
Products & Services:Fogg Perfume | Fogg body spray
Competitors: Axe | Set Wet | Zatak | Nivea | Dove | Rexona
SWOT analysis of Fogg – Fogg SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Fogg is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Fogg evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Fogg’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Fogg.
Let’s talk about Fogg’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Fogg – Fogg SWOT analysis
- Unique Product: Fogg Deodorant in contrast to other brands competing is not a source of gasoline in it. Since the bottle contains only the fragranced liquid its contents will last for longer.
- Marketing Strategies: Quite unlike other competitors such as Axe which emphasized appealing to males and females as their distinctive selling point. However, contrary to that, Fogg has employed a more practical positioning such as lower costs higher value, and more quantity.
- The greater area of section: It is customary for deodorants to target females or males. There are a few brands that cater to both genders and one of them is Fogg. It has distinct deodorants for men and women as well as combo gifting packs that have one for each gender.
- Price for value Brand: Fogg was priced higher than the closest rival brand Axe but consumers still bought it. The reason behind this is their advertisement for the launch, which featured an exact comparison to rival brands, and the fact that they were using up a lot of their content due to the presence of gas there.
- The support of solid studies: Fogg has been backed by a team of experts in research who designed the basic product and variations based on feedback from customers on the issues they encounter with competing for deodorant brands.
- Gap filling: Before the launch of the product Fogg had conducted thorough research about the market, identified various gaps in the deodorant industry, and developed products which filled these gaps.
- The brand has surpassed Fogg as the leading market player: Fogg was an early entry into the market for deodorants, which was dominated by the top names from international companies such as HUL and P & G. But by a powerful launch ad it was able to take over Axe Deodorant as the leader in market share. Axe Deodorant.
- Effective launch advertising: Fogg’s launch advertisement Fogg featured something of interest to say, and clearly distinguished Fogg by its non-aerosol formula in contrast to other sprays that were gaining traction in this Indian market.
Weaknesses of Fogg – SWOT Analysis Of Fogg
- A poor distribution channel: In comparison to the closest competitor HUL which sells the Axe spray Fogg has not the same circulation network. Furthermore, they are unable to compete in the same retail space that multinational brands such as Axe control.
- Sustainability: It is questionable whether the brand Fogg can maintain its massive popularity. Although it’s a hot topic right now, it’s uncertain if the brand will be able to sustain the same brand image for a long period of time.
- Negative publicity about the use of chemicals: The internet has led to a massive protest against the dangers of the use of chemicals in cosmetics and other skin care products. This has changed the balance between ayurvedic as well as organic hair products which has reduced sales for the brand dramatically.
Opportunities of Fogg – Fogg SWOT analysis
- Massive market potential: The deodorant market is hugely lucrative in India. It is currently at the estimated amount of 3000 crores INR. This is with the potential for growth of 15-18 percent annually, which suggests there is an enormous unexplored market opportunity.
- Positive trends in customer behavior: Customers in India are more aware of their appearance The market for makeup is massive, which is not just perfumes. A growing tendency gives people who initially consider buying perfume as an unnecessary expense has become an everyday routine.
Threats of Fogg – SWOT analysis of Fogg
- Competitors: Fogg has numerous beginning and middle-level competitors for Fogg. The most prominent competitor of Fogg includes Axe, Set Wet, Zatak, Nivea as well as Dove.
- Axe: Axe is one of the brands that pose the most significant challenge to Fogg. Axe is a great distributor and is currently the market leader.
You May Also Like:
- MAC Cosmetics SWOT analysis
- Cartier SWOT analysis
- Disneyland SWOT analysis
- Lays SWOT analysis
- Michael Kors SWOT analysis
Vini group is trying to bring a change in the world of perfumes with its various advertisements they also changed the mindset of people in India, previously people used to gift each other watches and other showpiece items for any occasion.
But with the help of Fogg people have now considered perfume as a gifting option.
These moves boosted the sale of Fogg in India. Apart from this, the idea of a perfumed deodorant became extremely popular and Fogg is ruling the Indian market since 2011.
This is the SWOT analysis of Fogg. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.