Limca SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Limca: Limca is a well-known name for aerated with lemon flavor drink that is currently produced and distributed through Coca-Cola India. The drink, which is advertised as clear, crisp, and refreshing is marketed toward youngsters. Limca is a refreshing drink that has a lime-flavored flavor. Limca is not a source of fruit juice or fruit-based content however it uses artificial flavors mostly.
The drink was initially owned by Parle, an Indian firm Parle in the beginning. later one of the takeovers conducted by Coca-Cola among the brands purchased was Limca too, and Limca is now an element within Coca-Cola’s brand range belonging to Coca-Cola Limited. Since it was introduced in 1971, Limca has enjoyed a prominent position throughout the Cloudy Lemon segment. Since the year of 1980, Limca has also started publishing its Limca Book of Records which is designed and structured in a manner similar to that of the Guinness Book of World Records.
Limca fun facts: After worldwide reports of ill effects of BVO, its use in soft drinks was banned in India. As a result of this ban, the formula for Limca was changed, and BVO was removed from the concentrate for Limca.
About Limca – SWOT analysis of Limca
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
CEO: Ramesh Chauhan
Founder: Ramesh Chauhan
Year founded: 1977
Headquarters: Enkay Tower DLF City I , Ardee City, Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
Annual Revenue: INR2,061 crore
Profit | Net income: INR443.38 crore
Number of employees: 1800
Products & Services: Limca Cold Drink, Fruit Juice & Soft Drink
Competitors: Mirinda Lemon | Duke’s lemonade | Nimbooz | Minute Maid Lemon | Local lemondade players
SWOT analysis of Limca – Limca SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Limca is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Limca evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Limca’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Limca.
Let’s talk about Limca’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Limca – Limca SWOT analysis
- The first beverage that is not cola-based: Limca was the first non-cola drink to hit the market in the Indian market. While Coca-Cola, as well as Pepsi, are designed for males, Gold Spot was targeted at youth. Limca was introduced to a market that was untapped which was that of women.
- Taste: The main selling feature of Limca to consumers was the taste. Though it didn’t contain real lemons, however, consumers loved the drink due to its fresh citrus taste. The beverage was promoted as a drink for parties that could be consumed by the targeted crowd, which was mostly females.
- Iconic marketing: Limca was one of the first Aerated drink brands to sell in India. This was also the very first lemon-flavored soda offered in India. The brand earned an extremely high level of trust and loyalty among Indian customers.
- Strong Relationship with Coca-Cola: Coca-Cola is one of the most renowned brand names in the Aerated drink segment. It is a top brand with popular sodas like Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta, etc, and is highly regarded by customers, and not just in India. The affiliation with Limca and Coca-Cola has not only brought it to the global market but also ensured that it has a presence in the entire world of India through the marketing channels that the firm uses.
Weaknesses of Limca – SWOT Analysis Of Limca
- Internal Substitutes: Coca-Cola Limited has Sprite and Coca-Cola Both internal brands that are renowned brands in India as well as globally, and operate in the same marketplace as Limca.
- Regulations & Examining: Both Pepsico and Coca-Cola are under examination for many violations. The pressures from the regulatory environment have led to the company becoming more concerned about the ingredients of their drinks and the way they are produced. There are many environmental and sustainability non-compliances due to freshwater sources that are polluted due to their inefficient waste disposal practices.
- More impact on Coca-Cola: The company is famous for its coke drink Coca-Cola and has always focused on marketing and promotion of Coca-Cola when compared to the other brands. Comparatively to Limca the company has been more inclined towards Sprite which has had an impact on the general perception of Limca.
- Controversies: Limca is constantly involved in numerous disputes regarding its composition, beginning in 1988 after the drinks were discovered to contain brominated vegetable oil that can have serious adverse impacts on health. Since then, the brand has been the subject of numerous controversies related to it.
Opportunities of Limca – Limca SWOT analysis
- A growing preference for aerated beverages among youngsters: Children are the primary target of sodas as lime soda is certainly popular among the younger generation as compared to cola-based drinks in part because it’s fresher and sweeter.
- Tie-ups tie-ups with fast and restaurant chain restaurants: Companies such as Coca-Cola and Pepsi are now looking at the possibility of tie-ups with fast-food chains as well as bakeries, restaurants, and other establishments by using vending machines. Although the company hasn’t been able to boost the number of sales they make through this strategy, it has allowed the brand to gain exposure.
Threats of Limca – SWOT analysis of Limca
- A threat from substitutes: The truth is that there are numerous local companies in the market who make cheap alternatives that are lemon, orange, or Coca-Cola flavored. Even though these drinks are of low quality are still used as alternatives to Limca as well as Coca-Cola.
This is the SWOT analysis of Limca. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.