Vadilal Ice-cream SWOT analysis: Vadilal Icecreams, India’s 2nd largest ice cream manufacturer, is based located in Gujarat, India. Apart from the ice creams it produces, Vadilal manufactures semi-processed, processed foods. The company was founded from humble beginnings, starting with an outlet for soda fountains located in Ahmedabad in 1926.
Today, Vadilal Icecreams has grown into one of the largest players, with greater than 50 flavor options available in more than 250 packages and in forms such as Frozen Desserts, Premium & Super Premium Ice Creams. The flavors are offered in a variety of packaging, including Cones, Cups, cup Juicesand Family Packs, and Economy Packs. The company has developed and produced products with consistent quality. It is linked to Indian attitudes, making it a popular product in India.
Vadilal Ice-cream fun facts: Vadilal was set up when ice cream wasn’t even an industry, From selling sodas in 1907, Vadilal has travelled through four generations of Gandhis.
- 1 About Vadilal Ice-cream – SWOT analysis of Vadilal Ice-cream
- 2 Vadilal Ice-cream Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Vadilal Ice-cream – Vadilal Ice-cream SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Vadilal Ice-cream – Vadilal Ice-cream SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Vadilal Ice-cream – SWOT Analysis Of Vadilal Ice-cream
- 6 Opportunities of Vadilal Ice-cream – Vadilal Ice-cream SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Vadilal Ice-cream – SWOT analysis of Vadilal Ice-cream
About Vadilal Ice-cream – SWOT analysis of Vadilal Ice-cream
Company: Vadilal Icecream Pvt Limited
CEO: Rajesh Gandhi
Founder: Vadilal Gandhi
Year founded: 1907
Annual Revenue: INR250 crore
Profit | Net income: INR22 crore
Number of employees: 712
Products & Services: Ice creams & Frozen foods
Vadilal Ice-cream Competitors
SWOT analysis of Vadilal Ice-cream – Vadilal Ice-cream SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Vadilal Ice cream is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Vadilal Ice-cream evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Vadilal Ice-cream’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Vadilal Ice cream.
Let’s talk about Vadilal Ice-cream’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Vadilal Ice-cream – Vadilal Ice-cream SWOT analysis
- Clear distinction: In stark contrast to rivals who claim to sell icecreams, but actually sell frozen treats, Vadilal is openly announcing that they sell frozen desserts, and they also acknowledge that the icecreams are made with vegetable oils, which is the reason why they are distinguished according to the specifications that the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India that was mandated in the year 2011.
- A fighter attitude: From the time it was founded in 1929, to the present day, the struggle to survive has been difficult for Vadilal as it has been forced to compete with strong rivals such as HUL, AMUL, Mother Dairy, and many others. While the competition has evolved, Vadilal continues to follow the same strategy of tackling them in a methodical manner and utilizing transparency and ethics to ensure its survival.
- Operational streamlining: Vadilal Icecream was quickly losing its shine in the nineties when the company made the decision to boost its operational efficiency. The company overhauled the product range and cut back on their production and cut back on packaging while making sure the quality remained constant.
- Promoting Schemes: Vadilal Icecreams regained its glory with this Buy 1 Get one free program that was introduced. It helped them achieve the needed margins by analyzing the volume of sales. This also allowed them to get the attention of customers who were lost in other brand names.
- Diversification: The company diversified into semi-processed and processed food items such as frozen vegetables and fruits, as well as frozen food like dairy and parathas. The company also shifted out of the nationwide market for branded commodities, which was extremely priced sensitive and was taking a bite out of the overall profits of the company.
Weaknesses of Vadilal Ice-cream – SWOT Analysis Of Vadilal Ice-cream
- Distribution Issues: The biggest challenge for Vadilal Icecreams was distribution. The frequent power outages at outlets, the cost of freezing vehicles for transportation, and the inability to cover the geographical distribution that rival MNCs such as HUL faced were just some of the problems for distribution. The company has to confront.
- Seasonal Demand: Ice creams are seasonal items and their consumption rises during the summer months and decreases substantially in winter. Vadilal which is mostly used in the production of icecreams is finding it difficult to handle the seasonal changes in demand.
- Packaging: Items such as frozen vegetables, ice creams and so on that comprise the majority of the collection of Vadilal Group, are consumable in nature, and an amount of research and care must be conducted on the packaging used to prolong their shelf life. There is also the risk of damage and melting transporting them as well as when power is not available at the point of storage. This makes packing costly and a crucial aspect of quality for Vadilal products.
- Predatory prices: Companies like HUL and Amul which are the most formidable rivals to Vadilal had dramatically reduced the costs of their ice creams, and the firm was unable to compete with prices that were at their lowest prices. This was a massive problem for Vadilal Icecreams.
Opportunities of Vadilal Ice-cream – Vadilal Ice-cream SWOT analysis
- The enormous potential for the market for Ice desserts in India: In the dairy market for ice creams alone in India is estimated to be around 80 billion INR, which is among the biggest worldwide. While ice creams only comprise 9 billion INR within the dairy product segment and are predicted to increase at the rate of 16 percent annually over the next 10 years.
- The favorable legal system for India: The government is currently offering a wide range of incentives to businesses that produce goods in India. Additionally, it also offers numerous incentives and schemes for businesses involved in agriculture, dairy food processing, and other industries.
Threats of Vadilal Ice-cream – SWOT analysis of Vadilal Ice-cream
- Competition: Some of the most important competitors of Vadilal comprise Amul, HUL, Mother Dairy, Nestle, and many more.
You May Also Like:
- Cartier SWOT analysis
- Disneyland SWOT analysis
- Lays SWOT analysis
- Michael Kors SWOT analysis
- Barcelona Football Club SWOT analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Vadilal Ice cream. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.