Covergirl SWOT analysis – SWOT analysis of Covergirl: Covergirl is an American brand of cosmetics that are sold through Procter & Gamble. Covergirl offers a broad assortment of cosmetics like foundation concealers, blushers, and lotions for makeup eyeshadows, eyeliners mascaras, kohl pencils for lipsticks, and eye makeup including lip glosses, lip glosses, and liner for lip makeup. With its extensive list of celebrities’ endorsements CoverGirl has achieved the benefits in all markets it is present in, which include the USA, Canada, and Australia.
As a well-known brand Covergirl has been the primary source of defining what modern women ought to look like or what they should stay clear of. The brand was purchased by Coty Inc. in the year 2016 after the acquisition of P& G and the company has always relied on top models, film stars and musicians to be included as cover models on the magazine covers of their advertisements.
The brand’s audience is young and middle-aged women, and their focus group was between 15 and 40 years old. Since the brand was operating since 1961, it’s not incorrect to state that the history-rich history has allowed the brand to evolve to keep up with the changing trends in the world of fashion.
Covergirl fun facts: CoverGirl has boasted some pretty big names as its spokesmodels. Following Jennifer O’Neill’s debut as the first CoverGirl in 1963, other high profile spokeswomen have included U.S. gymnasts Shawn Johnson, Nastia Liukin, and Alicia Sacramone, as well as celebrities Drew Barrymore, Queen Latifah, Cheryl Tiegs, Rachel Hunter, Niki Taylor, and Molly Sims.
About Covergirl – SWOT analysis of Covergirl
Company: Noxzema Chemical Company
CEO: Sue Nabi
Founder: Noxzema Chemical Company
Year founded: January 1961
Headquarters: Maryland , U.S.
Annual Revenue: USD$51.8 million
Profit | Net income: USD$8 million
Number of employees: 374
Products & Services: Assorted Cosmetic | Eye Shadow | Foundation Creams | Cover Girl Lipliner
SWOT analysis of Covergirl – Covergirl SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Covergirl is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Covergirl evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Covergirl’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Covergirl.
Let’s talk about Covergirl’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Covergirl – Covergirl SWOT analysis
- A Clear Target Segment: The targeted segment of Covergirl is women who are between 15-40. Covergirl’s cosmetics line includes makeup that is soft in addition to bold. It is also incorporating the preferences of different age groups in cosmetics. The range of makeup products is suited to all skin types that are found in the west since its principal market is in the west.
- A strong backing from Procter & Gamble: The most significant growth spurt for Covergirl occurred while the company was part of Procter & Gamble. It could be due to the fact that the company owned some of America’s most recognizable cosmetics brands, such as Olay and the SK-II brand, etc. The company allowed the brand to grow to new areas and improve its reach to customers.
- Recognition of trends: Research has always been the strength of many American FMCG brands. With time, Covergirl was among the first companies to recognize that the old-fashioned makeup-like skin care formulas such as moisturizers were being replaced with oils and masks. They were also among the first companies to offer mineral makeup.
- Packaging: Covergirlwaspopular due to its distinct packaging, which included the use of the category and age-appropriate colors and styles. As with many other cosmetic brands that are successful, Covergirl also used packaging as a major selling point in their product.
- Utilizing magazines: As the title suggests, Covergirl is always linked to the magazines’ covers. For each brand new item, Covergirl used the makeup of models, movie stars, or musicians to make appearances in glossy magazines. This was used as their primary advertisement.
- Cultural Consciousness: Covergirl boasts a loyal customer base all over the world that is which means that the brand has to handle a myriad of hair and skin types in its beauty section. The company’s research focuses on adjusting its products to the specific market. He made it a priority for the company to be as conscious of culture as it is possible.
Weaknesses of Covergirl – SWOT Analysis Of Covergirl
- The role of women in society: As the world has changed, so has the role played by women within society. The change in society has also affected the way people view makeup and Covergirl hasn’t been more effective than other brands in navigating this shift in the way that people perceive makeup.
- Online retailers are a major threat: In comparison to the competitors, Covergirl was slow to react to the rise of online commerce. The fierce concurrence from retailers online, as well as multinational cosmetic companies selling via e-tailers, has worn the brand.
- The abrupt drop in US sales: The drop in cosmetic sales has decreased in the US recently while the US was among of the most coveted markets by percent. Also, there was the global financial crisis that cut down on unnecessary spending across the west. These two factors resulted in Covergirl shifting its focus away from less-income segments, and areas like Vietnam, South Korea, and Africa in which Covergirl does not have a presence.
Opportunities of Covergirl – Covergirl SWOT analysis
- Selling online through portals: In the same way as direct selling, Covergirl should now concentrate on selling products through online retailers such as Amazon and Flipkart to deliver the product to the customers. It is also important to look at the Asian marketplace more closely if it is not via direct selling through selling online.
Threats of Covergirl – SWOT analysis of Covergirl
- Competition: The major competitor of Covergirl is EsteeLauder, Maybelline, Loreal, and Revlon.
You May Also Like:
- Wrangler SWOT analysis
- Hermes International Swot Analysis
- Fevicol SWOT Analysis
- Guinness SWOT Analysis
- Kansai Nerolac Paints SWOT Analysis
This is the SWOT analysis of Covergirl. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.