Timberland SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis of Timberland: Timberland is a fashion company founded in 1928. It is located in New Hampshire, United States. It is controlled by VF Corporation. The company sells shoes and watches, clothing glasses, sunglasses, and other leather products. Its footwear is primarily designed for outdoor usage. Outside of its headquarters which is located within New Hampshire, it also has offices in different parts of the globe. Horween Leather Company Horween Leather Company provides leather shells for footwear to the Timberland Company.
Timberland is an all-inclusive sporting outdoor label. It provides outdoor clothes and accessories for women, men as well as children. Timberland produces high-quality outdoor clothing to ensure that customers feel at ease. The outdoor brand Timberland is well-known for its high-quality merchandise. Timberland has been operating in the business for a long time and has a solid reputation in numerous markets. marketplaces.
Let’s look at our SWOT analysis of Timberland to understand the company’s strengths and weaknesses in depth.
Timberland fun facts: American famous rappers DMX and Mobb Deep made the Timberland brand even more popular.
- 1 About Timberland – SWOT analysis of Timberland
- 2 Timberland Competitors
- 3 SWOT analysis of Timberland – Timberland SWOT analysis
- 4 Strengths of Timberland – Timberland SWOT analysis
- 5 Weaknesses of Timberland – SWOT Analysis Of Timberland
- 6 Opportunities of Timberland – Timberland SWOT analysis
- 7 Threats of Timberland – SWOT analysis of Timberland
- 8 Conclusion
About Timberland – SWOT analysis of Timberland
Company: VF Corporation
CEO: Jeff Swartz
Founder: Nathan Swartz
Year founded: 1952, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Headquarters: Stratham, New Hampshire, United States
Annual Revenue: USD$1.9 Billion
Profit | Net income: USD$320.3 Million
Number of employees: 3,402
Products & Services: Clothes | Watches | Glasses | Sunglasses | Leather goods
SWOT analysis of Timberland – Timberland SWOT analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Timberland is brand-based. SWOT Analysis of Timberland evaluates the brand’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Advantages and disadvantages can be attributed to internal factors while opportunities and threats can be attributed to external factors. We will be discussing Timberland’s SWOT Analysis. Below is the detailed SWOT Analysis of Timberland.
Let’s talk about Timberland’s SWOT assessment.
Strengths of Timberland – Timberland SWOT analysis
- Strong presence in the business world: Strong presence in the business world Timberland has a significant retail presence in the UK, USA, and Canada. It’s been able to establish itself through its numerous flagship stores and is located all over the world.
- Participation of the company in CSR activities: The company is a firm believer in environmental conservation and has been engaged in CSR initiatives. This is an important asset for the business as it improves its image and brand recognition.
- Technology in production: The company employs the latest technology to produce leather products. The result is the best reliability since they are mostly used in the harshest weather.
- The brand is expanding its Portfolio: The brand is constantly in the process of expanding its brand’s portfolio through various product categories. The main goal is to create one complete lifestyle brand for a variety of customers. The top categories for sales are men’s boots, women’s boots, boat shoes, and yellow footwear.
- Strong marketing: The company has excellent advertising as well as advertisement capabilities and because of this it has received a lot of recognition.
- A good brand value: Timberland is a well-known reputation and is well-known. This is a crucial element to succeed in the retail business. Timberland is getting recognition in the market marketplace as a brand that is renowned for outdoor work and activities.
Weaknesses of Timberland – SWOT Analysis Of Timberland
- In a struggle to expand: This brand has difficulty in allowing to expand its business operations across the globe. This is an obvious problem for the brand because its visibility in the market will be lower.
- Restricted business zones: Timberland is dependent on sales outside of the country in a handful of locations such as Europe as well as Asia. This is why the company is experiencing lower expansion in business. International sales revenue becomes less.
- The price is high: Timberland’s products are slightly more expensive. This is a problem for the company since many customers might prefer the same item at other stores.
- Acquisition: The Company has recently been merged with VF Corporation. This means the VF Corporation makes changes to the brand that will be harder to enhance the image of the brand.
Opportunities of Timberland – Timberland SWOT analysis
- Expanding the retail business to other locations: Timberland could expand its retail operations to expand into new markets that aren’t the USA and the UK. This could create the company with a fresh possibility for the company to expand its reach into other nations.
- The Timberland brand can sponsor many sports: To boost the visibility of your brand, Timberland can sponsor many outdoor sports that are not in the USA.
- Monitor the price: The Company can track the price of the raw materials utilized in the creation of the products. This will put an effect on production, making it more efficient in cost. This will lower the price of Timberland’s products, which makes them more flexible.
Threats of Timberland – SWOT analysis of Timberland
- A tough competition: Timberland is up against stiff competition from many other brands. This poses a serious risk since its rivals are international brands with a long history such as Nike. The company is up against tough competitors from both national as well as international companies.
- The price for the brand: is based on the current economic conditions the prices of the brand might not be reachable. This could affect the revenue stream of the company.
- Similar products: The brand outside of America is under threat since there are numerous companies that make similar products. Thus, the business should create some new products to outdo its rival.
You May Also Like:
- Kinley SWOT analysis
- Kellogg’s Corn Flakes SWOT analysis
- Fogg SWOT analysis
- Jack Daniels SWOT analysis
- J.C. Penny SWOT analysis
A good SWOT analysis of Timberland will focus on its inherent retail situation and how that is managed both internally and by responding to external forces. Timberland has been able to use brand recognition and quality to bolster itself during hard times, but this can only last for so long.
This is the SWOT analysis of Timberland. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.